The Daniel Plan issues you a Summer Fitness Challenge! Short-term goals help us learn new habits, while enjoying the benefits of feeling better too! So here's what we've got planned for you!
Pick a challenge. Choose one of the challenges below, or set a personal goal for the month of July and August.
- The Fitness Challenge: Establish a goal related to your overall fitness, strength, endurance, flexibility or consistency.
- The Numbers Challenge: Establish a goal to improve any of the important numbers we track on The Daniel Plan, including weight, waist size, blood pressure, body fat, BMI, cholesterol or something else on your blood test.
- The Kitchen Challenge: Establish a goal related to your food selections at home, cleaning out your refrigerator and cabinets of unhealthy foods, learning new recipes and/or cooking techniques.
- The Habit (or Breakfast) Challenge: Establish a goal to break a habit during this challenge, perhaps eating breakfast every morning, or eliminating sugar, soft drinks, or processed foods.
- The Share Challenge: See how many people you can share The Daniel Plan with during the challenge. Set a goal and let us know how you do and what we can do to help!
Send us an email. Email email@example.com with your name and the challenge you've selected. Then, email us at the end of August!
Make a plan and get started! The Summer Fitness Challenge begins July 1 and runs through the end of August. Based on your goal, establish the activities you will need to do daily and weekly to accomplish your goal. Then do it! Below, we've included several ways to get active in and around our community.
Get help. If you want specific instructions about how to plug in, get started or any other questions about The Daniel Plan and/or the Summer Fitness Challenge, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We've also arranged for a panel of professionals willing to offer their services for FREE! See below.
Enjoy the rewards. Every person who emails in their challenge, will have an opportunity to receive one of many exciting prizes!
Professionals Services Available for FREE!
12-Week Fitness Challenge
Josh Boyd, President
12-Week Fitness Challenge provides daily nutrition, exercise/workouts and motivation designed to transform your body and way of thinking. The program includes hydrostatic body fat testing as well. For The Daniel Plan Summer Challenge, we offer:
- A 30-minute Personal Training/Nutrition counseling session with one of our coaches
- Discounted package of $199 (normal price $249)
ABC Pilates - Always Be Connected
Amy Cady, Owner and Pilates Instructor
Is your exercise life boring, painful or just ineffective? ABC Pilates is a full service Pilates studio, offering the highest quality of training. We cater to the needs of our clientele including specialized techniques in Pre/Post Natal exercise and enhancing recovery for Breast Cancer Survivors. For the Daniel Plan Summer Fitness Challenge, we offer:
- A free 45-minute Pilates Reformer session
Fitness Inside Out - Making Life Fit
Greta Boris, Healthy Lifestyle Coach and Personal Trainer
Do you need help figuring out how to apply all the information in the Daniel Plan to your life? Greta Boris specializes in helping people find their own prescription for a healthy life, and she's Pink Ribbon Certified, which is a safe pathway to fitness for Breast Cancer Survivors. For The Daniel Plan Summer Challenge, we offer:
- A free 30-minute Healthy Lifestyle Consultation appointment, a free TRX Boot Camp, or TRX Basics class.
Robert H. Glover, D.C., C.C.S.P.
Glover Chiropractic tailors health and wellness treatment according to the needs of the client, including help with weight loss, nutrition, detoxification, sports medicine, massage therapy, nutritional blood testing, chiropractic care and more. For The Daniel Plan Summer Fitness Challenge, we offer:
- A complimentary consultation with spinal examination, and, a BIA Bio-marker test. The BIA stands for Bio impedance Analysis. This measures: % water hydration, % body fat, phase angle score, BMI, basal metabolic rate, etc.
P.J.'s Personal Training
Pamela, and colleague David Castellanos, provide personal training for men and women in private/semi private bootcamps, pilates and TRX workouts. Pamela is nationally-certified AFFA personal trainer, specializing in helping women on their weight loss journey. For The Daniel Plan Summer Challenge, we offer:
- A FREE TRX introduction class, or other appropriate class including Turbo Kick Box, Boot Camp, Pilates and Sport Stretch. All levels welcome.
Saddleback Church - Corona
Mountain Gate Park
Contact Kris Meyn: (951) 239-6633
Saddleback Church - Huntington Beach
"GET FIT" Classes
15323 Pipline Lane, HB 92649.
Saturdays, 9 a.m.
Contact: Brian McFadden, email@example.com
Saddleback Church - Irvine
3002 Dow Avenue, Suite 514
Tustin, CA 92780
- Let's Hula, Tuesdays, 7-8 p.m., FREE, Office Ministry Center, Bring water!
- Walk & Worship, Mondays, Wednesdays, 8:30-9:30 a.m, FREE
- Core Power, Tuesdays, Thursdays, 12-1 p.m.
Saddleback Church - Lake Forest
- Sports & Adventure Ministry
Numerous sports and activities available.
Call (949) 609-8461, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk & Worship
6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Meet on the Lake Forest campus in the Pavilion, outside the main Worship Center
6:00 to 7:00 a.m.
Meet at the Rancho Santa Margarita Lake at the fountain down the stairs from the main parking lot, located at 31441 Santa Margarita Pkwy., Mission Viejo.
- Pump & Praise
Saturday Morning Circuit Training
6:00 to 7:00 a.m. And 7:00-8:00a.m.
This is a circuit training workout (using weights) that meets at the Solid Rock Workout gym, located at 30012 Aventura, Suite B in Rancho Santa Margarita.
- Women's Workout
Tuesday-Wednesday-Friday 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
The Refinery on Tuesdays, Wednesdays
Tent 3 on Fridays, $5
Call (949) 609-8701 for more information
Saddleback Church - Rancho Capistrano
- Walk & Worship
Saturdays, 9 a.m.
- Boot Camp - Starting June 18 - July 23
Saturdays, 9 a.m.